Monday, October 18, 2010

little boy blue and my first linky party!!!

I got this desk at my local Restore on a recent trip. I loved all the detailing on the drawers and sides. The back was also finished and had such pretty lines. The picture below shows the top stripped partially and all the hardware removed.

002

And TADA! Here she is after!

029

I painted it in a Palladium Blue mistint from Lowe’s and I am in LOVE with this color. I then distressed and glazed it using Ralph Lauren Smoke. The top is stained dark walnut by Minwax. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the way it turned out. I bought new hardware at Home Depot, and it made it more current.

030

Aren’t all the details adorable?031

032

I love the back of this piece… It would be a great room divider…. The glaze isn’t as streaky as it looks in this shot.

033

034

This piece sold quickly, and I was so happy to see it go to a good home! I get attached to all these pieces! They’re like little kids! LOL!

Now, it’s your turn to show me what you’ve done. Link up your pieces that are “A Little Distressed”. I can’t wait to see what all you’ve done! Don’t forget to enter the giveaway for the Swan Creek Candle.

I would love to see any Before/Afters or any fabulous finds!

Now to enter:

1. Become a follower of this blog. If you’re already one you get one chance. Leave me a comment to let me know you are a follower or that you became one.

2. Link up a project. Leave me a comment with a short description of your project.

3. Tell about the party on your blog…. Come on back over here, and leave me a comment telling me you gave me the shout out.

4. Share a link on Facebook for another chance…. Just hop on back, and leave me the link.

PLEASE link back to my page. I don’t have a button yet, but please just post my blog address…

Show me what you’ve got, and let the fun begin!



Linked to:
:


Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

Furniture Feature Fridays
Primitive and Proper


The DIY Show Off

14 comments:

kathie said...

Hi there! I entered 2, I hope that is ok?! The first is a huge cabinet that I got from Goodwill that I painted & distressed. Simple. The other is a table, missing the glass inserts. I painted it, stained it, distressed it, stained it, glazed it, you name it... I did it! Thanks for hosting!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Great looking desk, Loulou! I guess the blue is subtle? because it is coming across as a cream color on my monitor. Whichever ~ I do like the painted base and the stained top, though. I wish I had something to link up. I haven't even cleaned up that little table and chair set I saved. I'm hoping to get to at least clean it and maybe sand it a little this coming weekend. Do you go down to the bare wood on all your pieces?

A Southern Rose said...

It looks great! Wish I had something new to link up. Maybe next time.

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Thanks for leaving a positive comment and inviting me to your link party. I'm a follower now and here's to more mutual blog visits!

Chrissie said...

I am so happy to be part of your first blog party!I love your desk and will be following along!

Sweet European Dreams said...

Congrats on your new linky party - glad I could be in on the first one! The desk is amazing - it would be hard not to keep this one. -diane

Restyled Vintage said...

Hi, new follower here, I am Karen and live in New Zealand. I have huge passion for upcycling furniture and have turned that passion into my work-from-home business. The piece I am linking up is a duchess that sold very quickly and the new owner was thrilled with it :)

xx Karen

Christina said...

Hi! Thanks for inviting me to your "party"! I am now a new follower...and would love it if you did the same :)

BTW...love the desk re-do! Looks great! :)

Cassie Bustamante said...

this is my favorite lou lou piece yet!!!! i love it! the colors are awesome!!
thanks for joining my party!

Unknown said...

you did a good job, its not easing restoring and repainting a wooden dresser or desk, it looks nice with cabinets and drawers
Best Storage Cabinets

Christa @ Stories of a House said...

This is so pretty! Found you on Primitive and Proper. I'm your newest follower :)
Christa

Carisa @ Paintmeshabby said...

Hello! Thanks for the invite- I added two of my projects- my China hutch and some shelves for my kitchen. Just so you know that desk is the most beautiful desk I've seen in blogland to date. (and I stalk a lot of blogs!) ;) simply gorgeous!

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

Looks beautiful!!

Melissa said...

What a difference! Just beautiful~I don't know if I'd get any work accomplished though...I'd probably just stare at it all day :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails