Thursday, March 31, 2011

Needle and Thread Thursday. Damask bunny fabric oh my!

I actually bought this yummy fabric last year but never did anything with it. Sometimes I do that. That MAY be the reason I have 3 huge storage containers full of fabric.. :) Anyway, when I started thinking about a style of outfit that I wanted to make my girls this fabric immediately came to mind. My girls are in love with bunnies, and I knew they’d love them.


These may just be my ALL TIME FAVORITE outfits I’ve made the girls. Is this outfit love or what?


DSCN2990


The top was made using the Cathy pattern by Jennifer Paganelli. You can make either a top or dress with this pattern, and it’s SO EASY. I’m already thinking what I’m going to make next with this pattern. You can buy this and all Jennifer’s other patterns here.



DSCN2995


Close up of the ruffle neck. I opted to make a rolled hem with my serger instead of the hemmed edges shown in the pattern. I shortened the width by an inch to accommodate this change. The hemmed edge also looks fabulous, but the rolled hem is so quick and easy.


DSCN2992


I love the super long ruffle on the bottom of the top. It’s so girly and twirly! You can see some of the bunnies in this shot.


DSCN2993


I used my favorite SewSensible Boutique bottoms pattern for the pants. I made them capri length, lengthened the ruffle, and used a rolled hem here as well instead of a hemmed one. These pants are so easy and always turn out so precious. You can get the paper version of this pattern here and the downloadable pattern (I use this one) here.



DSCN2994


We had a little impromptu photo shoot after their bath last night. Here’s Essie. I know she’s mine, but how adorable is this kid?? Seriously.


DSCN2978






My other little model. Anne Pearce wanted to sleep in hers. :)


DSCN2985


Do ya think she’s a ham? Ya think?


DSCN2984


Essie was trying to watch American Idol and model at the same time.


DSCN2977






I can’t remember where I got the fabric last year, but I found mine on Etsy. I couldn’t find any when I googled, which makes me wonder if it’s been discontinued. I should’ve bought 10 yards! This collection is by Tula Pink and is named Hushabye, Let me know if you guys find any…


I’ve really been on a sewing spree lately. Sometimes I have no interest in it and at others I want to live at my sewing machine. I have fabric ironed and ready for these 2 patterns:


This is Sewsensible’s applique apron skirt. I haven’t made it in a LONG time and am excited to make it again.


Applique' Apron Skirt Sewing Pattern - DOWNLOADABLE



I also can’t wait to try this new pattern. It’s the Boardwalk Ruffle Sleeve Dress by Monkeysbug.



Don’t hesitate to ask me any questions you have about sewing or these patterns. I would love to help anyone jump in and start sewing!


Love and hugs,


Linking to:
Weekend Bloggy Reading

10 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I have got to get those patterns going myself, Lou Lynn! I got the fabric and everything! It's just a time thing, so I really need to plan a Sunday to just get to it. This fabric is so pretty and I like the polka dot you paired with it.

I know what you mean when you are on a roll with sewing. In my case, I think that its since I have everything on hand and the machine is ready and I'm in the mood, I just want to keep going.

Bethany said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for telling the name of that pattern! I saw it on a cute website but refused to pay the $40 plus for the outfit when Nana can make it. ;) I'm going to buy it so Caroline can sport some new outfits this summer. :)

Julie Harward said...

That is too cute and you are amazing! ;D

Laurie said...

Sooo cute! Looks like a Matilda Jane outfit! I found some great orange fabric last week so now I might just have an outfit to make with it!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Gasping!!! So, so beautiful. Much cuter than Matilda Jane...some of those outfits from MJ look like hobo outfits to me. I don't always care for the way they mix patterns. YOU are a genius!!! Just lovely. :)

Thanks so much for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. :)

The Frosted Gardner said...

Darling!!!! So cute!

Laurie said...

Very sweet!!! I am a new follower of your blog! Please come visit me too at http://sewnso.blogspot.com

High Street Cottage said...

Do you know...I started to get worried! And you've posted on my blog, thank you my dear, you're so sweet!
Love the little outfits, and the Models, well...goes without saying, they're giving Cindy Crawford a run for her money! ;)
Miss you, xxx tami

Victoria Diamond said...

amazing! really impressive

R. said...

The fabric is perfect! Adorable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails