Sunday, November 8, 2009

makes me wanna eat Christmas cakes

I’ve been sewing a lot for clients lately. You know I love it, but I have to take a break here and there and make something for my girls in between. I finished the first round of Christmas sets that I did, so I decided to put Anne Pearce’s Angel Cakes set together…. Can you be in love with an outfit?? I think you can, because this one makes my heart go pitter patter. I used Alexander Henry’s angel cake fabric and 2 coordinating prints from Riley Blake. I love adding lace and rick rack, so I had a ball with this set. The top is actually a dress and can be worn with tights or leggings as well as with the double ruffle pant I made to match. The dress pattern is the Claire by Sandi Henderson, and the pant is from Pink Fig patterns. These are 2 of my favorite patterns, and I use them both often.

I don’t think you can tell from this picture, but I did the shoulder straps with the polka dot on the reverse side of the stripe….

101_1469

Doesn’t this just scream VINTAGE Christmas????

101_1468

101_1467

This is the back view. I love the skirt made from 2 different fabrics.

101_1466

This apron took lots of time…. You have to cut out each piece of fabric with a coordinating piece of Heat ‘n Bond…iron it to each piece, cut out again, design your layout, iron each one on, and finally sew itty bitty stitches around each shape. I love that gingerbread cottage!

 

101_1464 

The body of the pant is made of the angel cakes fabric. I’m sure I’ll make an embellished tee to also wear with the pant….. Doesn’t this fabric make you wanna bake Christmas cakes???

101_1465 

I had this exact outfit in mind the first time I saw that fabric and fell in love. I love my girls looking like the little girlies they are, and I love vintage style fabrics. (I have found a vintage Valentine’s fabric that I’ll be using to make a skirt or pant set.  Email me if you want to reserve a set.) I love making things for my girls. I feel so proud when people stop and ask me where I got them. There’s such a sense of accomplishment knowing I made them myself…not to mention that buying 2 of these would surely cost a small fortune!  I may could be persuaded to make another one of these, but it would be more expensive than my usual $50 sets….. The price for an exact replication would be $110. I realize that’s a lot of money, but this set has HOURS of work and detail……. It’s the little touches that make it so special.

101_1461

Now I just have to find a couple of days to put Essie’s set together! It’s cut out thank goodness, so it won’t take AS long as it could. I also have 4 more sets to put together this week and some things to make for some dear friends. I love sharing with you guys…… I get giddy as soon as I finish something…..I’ve always loved show and tell!!!

Love and hugs!

4 comments:

Tammy@InStitches said...

Oh Loulou, that is so adorable ! And yes it makes me want to bake something yummy !

Kelly @ Much To Do With Nothing said...

These are just sooooo cute! Back in the 80's I used to make dolls. I remember all of the lace and rick rack. I scrolled down and saw the pics of the girls in their outfits. They are both so beautiful.
I'm like you. Sewing for clients. But I take breaks and work on my own furniture and blog a little. I'll get the second part up soon. I hope you show me the slipcover you make.
Kelly

Shanty 2 Chic said...

Can't find your email but LOVE all your sets. I too am a seamstress and sold on Ebay for a few years. We would love to advertise for you if you are interested. Just send us an email for more info. Thanks!!
~Whitney

Marianne said...

Absolutely precious. The girls will look darling in them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails