Thursday, November 12, 2009

who says $5 can’t be fabulous?

I had one of those moments today…..You know. One of those moments where you spot something that just seems TOO good to be true….One of those moments where you spot a GORGEOUS oil painting for $5…. I had that moment today. I try to make it  a point to visit Sister Julie’s Resale Shop here in Fairhope every Thurs. morning while the girlies are at playschool. Does anybody else still call it playschool??? Anyway, Sister Julie is only open on Thurs, Fri., and Saturdays….. I went in today and wasn’t really seeing anything I wanted. I decided to browse through a box of crappy old pictures looking for frames….That was when I spotted this:

Yep, see the $5 sticker??

101_1497

That sticker went with this painting….Isn’t it adorable?? The pictures really don’t do it justice….Those pears are to die for, and the colors go with just about everything in my house…. I immediately went to the counter to pay. I wasn’t giving Sister Julie a chance to change her sweet mind!

101_1496

So here she is….. I haven’t decided where I’m gonna put her yet….. Probably in the kitchen or dining room…..maybe the den….Do I frame it or just glue some ribbon over the canvas sides?? I don’t know, but I do know it will look fabulous where ever I decide to put it. $5 people. $5 DOLLARS and fabulous. Would you frame it?? I would love to hear your ideas for hanging/displaying….SHARE. ;)

101_1495

Oh, and you may remember these fabulous folding chairs from my front porch…. I’m bringing a couple in for a while for some extra seating around the holidays…. I’m planning on making a cute fabric skirt…..Let’s just add that to the other 999,999 projects I have in mind….Guess that puts me back at a million.

What great find have you found lately??

10 comments:

David and Marianne said...

Great find!! Good to check in on you Lou!!... it's been a while : )

Tonya Boster said...

Well, I do have this awesome cyber friend who has the best resales and I just scored on some of her daughter's cute outfits, lol!

Tammy@InStitches said...

How beautiful ! Just keep your eye out for a $5 frame somewhere to go with it......

Bethany said...

Beautiful picture!! What a steal!

Random question...what kind of embroidery machine do you have? I am thinking of buying one and I'm looking for suggestions. :)

LouLou said...

Bethany,
I have a BabyLock Ellure. I will say this. Embroidery machines are fun once you get the hang of it, but you HAVE to go to classes...Several of them. You're only as good as your taught. It's definitely not something you can do on your own (ask me. I should know) ;)

KimMalk said...

@ Cheap Chic Home...some girls have all the luck!...

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

Gorgeous dahling! I think it would be sweet with ribbon covering the sides and a big fat ribbon hanger. Or if you wanted it to have a bit more presence, get a nice chunky monkey frame for it. Either way...it will be precious! Sister Julie is awesome...God love her!

Smooch
~Amanda

p.s. I'm gonna try and call you tonight. Both boys are spending the night with friends, so it's just us girls! Fun, fun, fun...bedtime is 7:30... Whoo-hoo!

Jennifer Paganelli said...

You totally scored!!

TQ said...

The kind of piece you just can't take up to the cash and ask "Are you sure this is only $5.00?"

Great find!

Thanks for sharing and have a GRAND weekend.

Jane B. said...

This oil painting is soooo pretty...what a great find!

Jane @ Finding Fabulous

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails