Thursday, November 5, 2009

simple frame= SAhWEEET wall art

I bought this frame at my favorite antique/thrift  store for a few bucks a while back. It was originally shiny gold, and she had painted it bright white and distressed it a bit. I originally was going to use it for the girls’ room, but then this idea hit me like a bolt of lightening. We’re slowly redecorating our bedroom one thrifty purchase at a time….. I knew when this hit me that it would be PERFECT for our room.

101_1423

The bright white didn’t go with the other things in the room, so I brushed on some glaze and wiped if off with a paper towel.

 101_1426

I had a yard of this chocolate brown/off white zebra print fabric. I added our monogram in a light blue color, slapped that baby on a piece of cardboard cut to fit the frame, and hung that sucka on the wall. Instant love. It’s perfect for that wall, and it was FREE for me, because I already had all the things I needed.

101_1431

The monogram shows up better in person…. I couldn’t get a shot that does it justice…. Believe me, it’s DIVINE! I’m almost done with this room, and I’m going to start sharing bits and pieces before the big reveal…… I know I’m a teaser. I love the way this turned out. It looks like a million bucks….. I have enough fabric left to monogram a few more if anybody’s interested….Shoot me an email or leave a comment if you want one. I WILL expect a picture to see where you use it…. ;)

101_1433

4 comments:

Unknown said...

FABULOUS! I love monograms, and this one on such bold fabric is to die for! Can't beat the price either. :)

Kim W said...

Love it. Great idea!

Deborah in Atlanta said...

I'd love to copy your great idea. Could you make me one with just a large capital "H"? So awesome.

dmj53(at)hotmail(dot)com

Deborah in Atlanta said...

Hi - it's me again. I forgot to say that if you elect to make me one of these, I'd love to have that capital "H" in RED. I love your idea and can't wait to see if I'm lucky enough to get one.

Thanks for your generosity.

dmj53(at)hotmail(dot)com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails