Friday, November 20, 2009

Please accept my apology Pottery barn

Dear Pottery Barn,

Let me just tell you that I fell in love with these beauties on your website:

clip_image001

The lines…..the bases….the simplicity. Do you want to know what I didn’t love Oh Great Pottery Barn?? The price. Now, I love you Dear Sweet PB, but $39-$59 EACH? Don’t you know I have 4 children to take care of?? This is where the apology comes in. Yesterday I went to my favorite store Hobby Lobby, and I bought the pieces to knock off your fabulous Avery Hurricanes.

This week HL has all their glassware at 50% off…..and see those candlesticks? I got them for 66% off, because they have a few little chips around the edge… Let me break that down for you….2 Hurricanes at $3.49 and 2 banged up candlesticks for $1.97 each for a total of $10.98 to make TWO of your hurricanes….Are you feeling a bit blue right now? I’m REALLY sorry if I hurt your feelings….

101_1523 

So, Dear Pottery Barn, I put a ring of hot glue around the rim of my candlesticks and popped my babies right on. For a little over $5 each and in less than 5 minutes I had successfully knocked off your $59 hurricanes.

.101_1526

These babies will be stylin’ and profilin’ front and center on my Thanksgiving table…..Here they are practicing their debut:

101_1557

Theirs: $39-59 each.                        Mine: Around $10 for TWO!

Avery Hurricane, Medium101_1558

 

So, thanks for the idea Pottery Barn. I do LOVE your store and drool over all your products… I just LIKE my price better.

Keep up the good work, Pottery Barn!

love and kisses,

I’m linking up with:

ALSO, DON’T FORGET TO SCROLL DOWN AND ENTER THE FANTASTIC VINYL GIVEAWAY. CONTEST ENDS TONIGHT AT 9:00!

23 comments:

Sarah said...

I think we must have alot of the same blogs on our reader for beautiful frugal decorating ideas! I saw these on another blog and thought they were so ingenious!

You are doing such a great job, Lou! your house is beautiful!!

Tammy@InStitches said...

Oh you clever girl ! I love yours even better !

~ Regan said...

Man, I have to get with it. Everyone is making these FAB hurricane apocathary style table decorations.... Great idea!
(Oh, and as for Pottery Barn... Too bad, so sad! haha, but thanks for the inspirations, right?)

Jen said...

Aha! NOW I remember why I was looking so hard at the clear candle holders at the thrift store yesterday. I was channeling your project! :)

What glue did you use to put them together?

Jen @ www.jentility.com

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Oh yeah ~ you worked this one lady! What's so great is you can use these all year long!

Gina Sisco said...

Sooo jealous of your HL scores, poo-poo Pottery Barn!

Michelle Smiles said...

Brilliant!

Mandy said...

Awesome idea!

Johanna said...

Wow! That's the way you do it. Find inspiration but do it for wayyyy cheaper. Great job on the find.

Lee Weber said...

Oh Lou Lou, well done! I will be needing all of the thrifty suggestions I can get when we move to our house in Maine. We were supposed to close Monday, but it's been pushed off. Cross your fingers. Anyway, GREAT blog, and thanks for visiting mine!

Anonymous said...

EXCELLENT knock-off! I NEED a Hobby Lobby. :-(

Sounds like you're going to have a busy Thanksgiving with having everyone over. Hope all goes well and you have a wonderful time (and don't work too hard!)

pk @ Room Remix

Jill said...

BEAUTIFUL at a fraction of the cost! I have the supplies to do this same thing, I just haven't had a chance yet.
~ Jill

Free Art Printables said...

Great find!!! They look perfect!

Grace @ Ruby Moon Designs said...

Yours look awesome---and for that price, I would take them over the 59 dollar version any day! Great job!

-Grace

Katie @ Team Skelley said...

I love it!

I knock off Pottery Barn all the time too. Target has a cable knit pillow like PT for 1/3 of the price. In fact, I have read that PB is taking quite the hit from knock offs and Ebay. Almost all of my PBK things are from Ebay. My SIL had a neighbor who was banned from the PB Outlet because she would buy a bunch of clearance items and sell them on Ebay! Eek!

KimMalk said...

They look great on your table and will be so easy to change out for different seasons. I bet you enjoy them more than you would if you had real PBs!
@cheapchichome.blogspot.com

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

What a cute post! Love your version!!

Kelly @ Much To Do With Nothing said...

Hey LouLou! I'm sorry I didn't make it to the give-away. I really missed out. I was working 9 hours a day on a slipcover job for a client. But you knocked it out of the park with these candle holders I call it PoVerty Barn. Good job on the look a like! That's my kinda style. I love to download my 40% off coupon for Hobby Lobby. Especially for slipcover fabric. Talk to you soon.
Kelly

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Fabulous! I'm impressed with how safe they are too. I'm nervous with lit candles and pets and kiddos all under one roof but these I could handle!

Thanks for linking up to SNS #6!

Funky Junk Donna

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Awesome idea...thanks sooooo much for sharing!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Blesings,
Linda

Marianne said...

Pottery Barn eat your heart out, we (actually you) don't need you, we can do it ourselves!
Great job!

Jane B. said...

Oh these are fabulous! And I can't believe you paid only $5 each? Doesn't that make you love em' that much more! Thanks for sharing.

Jane @ Finding Fabulous

The Feathered Nest said...

This is such a GREAT idea!!!! I love shopping hoblob's 50% off stuff and have bought a few of their gorgeous glass cloches too....but this is ingenious and I love it even better that you saved a boatload of money ~ have a great weekend LouLou! hugs and love, Dawn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails